Friday 25 May 2012

That’s life with Lupus….. Always full of nasty surprises but The Almighty knows best everything happens for a reason.

Friday 2012.05.25
Yesterday I was   discharged from hospital after being admitted for severe case of bladder infection
on Monday. My day started as normal with the usual stiffness and pain of the joint but nothing
Major to be alarmed about.  Suddenly at about 10H00am I started feeling a pain in my lower back.
Didn’t take much notice and just went on with my chores .Then the pain became worse and 
I went to the toilet to relieve myself and I discovered I couldn’t pass urine.
I then drank as much water as possible but still I couldn’t relieve myself.
The pain became so unbearable and I didn’t know if I should stand, sit or lay down.
I began to panic because I didn’t know what was causing this severe pain.
I phoned my Nephrologist and he told me to come to his rooms.
My husband took me to Gatesville Medical Centre but with the pain the ride to the hospital felt like forever. When we eventually arrived at the hospital the pain was so bad that I couldn’t even walk to the doctor’s room. My husband had to push me in a wheelchair.
I was examined and was admitted immediately with a severe case of bladder infection.
I was placed on a strong dose of antibiotics and pain killers. The nurses also inserted
a catheter so that I could relief myself. And amazingly after it was inserted and I relieved myself 
the pain slowly subsided. Several blood tests were run and the results showed that I’m having a flare.
Lupus is causing havoc in my body again. Nephrologist liaised with my Rheumatologist
And it was decided that I must go for a kidney biopsy to check whether there is any activity in kidneys. I hope and pray that it’s not the case. So I need to be back at hospital on 5 June.
Amazingly with the Koedrat of The Almighty I never had any joint or muscle pain whilst
in hospital. But then yesterday afternoon the pain started to hit me with a bang again. Fibromyalgia and Lupus competing against each other .The one is trying to give me more pain than the other.
That’s life with Lupus….. Always full of nasty surprises but The Almighty knows best everything happens for a reason.
Shukran/Thank you to everyone for all their well wishes and duahs/prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment